Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Fifth Day of Christmas: Friday After Next


"Something to offend everyone." - Nell Minow, Common Sense Media

I haven't watched Friday After Next in probably 8 years.  It's not that it's my least favorite of the Friday franchise (I actually like it more than Next Friday), but I just seemed to overlook it for some odd reason.  When I was trying to decide what to watch for this holiday blog, one of my co-workers reminded me that this was a Christmas movie and I couldn't wait to watch it again.

The film starts with Craig and Day-Day's apartment getting robbed by a man dressed in a Santa suit on Christmas Eve.  They try to stop the man but he gets away with their gifts and rent money.  Shortly after filing a police report the following morning, the boys' landlord informs them that if they don't pay their rent by the end of the day, they will be evicted.  In fear of losing their apartment they immediately get jobs as security guards of a shopping center.



"This is a terrible movie, one of the worst comedies of the year." - Richard Roeper

ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING: 25%

As you can see I had a difficult time finding positive reviews on this movie.  Honestly if you liked any of the other Friday films, you will love it.  The poster reads "Xmas in the Hood," what's not fun about that?  I'm really looking forward to Last Friday which was confirmed to be written and produced by Ice Cube last year.  There are rumors that Chris Tucker may return but nothing is set in stone as of yet.  It's currently scheduled for a 2013 release through New Line Cinema. 

- Colby.

No comments:

Post a Comment