Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Tenth Day of Christmas: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


"John Hughes wrote the screenplay for this silly, warm little guilty pleasure that nails most of the trials and tribulations of spending the holidays with family." - Jeffery M. Anderson, Combustable Celluloid

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is hands down my favorite holiday movie.  I have watched it more than any other Christmas movie, including Home Alone.  It is also one that I watch outside of its seasonal time of the year.  Chevy Chase will always be known as Clark Griswold and this film has been around since 1989.  That being said, I've spent a number of Christmases with the Griswold family and Clark somewhat resembles a father figure to me.

Normally I would provide a short summary of the selection I've made but I'm positive everyone has seen this film at some point in their life.  It's simply hard to miss since it's always on television this time of year.  Not only that but you're sure to catch it on in the at a bar, electronics store, or a family event.  You can't miss it, it's literally everywhere. 



ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING: 66%

It blew my mind reading some of the negative reviews I found.  A handful of them were about Chevy Chase, which really surprised me because I have always enjoyed him.  The rest were just bashing the Vacation movies in general and accusing the writers using the same formula each film.  Whatever, I watched it once earlier today and my wife and I are about to watch it again right now.

- Colby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment